Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Story of an Assistance

In the early stages of embarking on the spiritual path, one quickly realizes that dreams can offer help in the questions which naturally arise in this domain of exploration. Over time, one may or may not discover that one can establish an interaction with one's subconscious, that the desires of the conscious self, its points of attention and proclivities, affect the dreams while one sleeps; even asking for a specific dream can sometimes work.

Some hone in on this kind of communication and at times actually receive messages while fully awake. At this point, the further development of such interaction manifests an awareness that can differentiate between various types of communication, whether it comes from the depths or the shallower self, if the communication comes with certainty and illuminates an unusually perceptive insight, or if the message was marginally created through wishful thinking or as a result of fear.

As the internal "feelers" are further developed, one can sense the vague manifestation of energy, or feelings that are obscure and hitherto not experienced consciously. At this point, something very bizarre can occur: one recognizes the energy and/or the message to come from an external source, as its quality is thoroughly unfamiliar to the self, including dream experiences, or it comes with a charge which feels like sticking one's finger into an electric socket. This usually prompts the realization that other entities, in whatever form they are alive, can communicate to us and thus the whole idea of medium-ship and channeling is understood and accepted as a viable form of communication.

Some readers in the know may wince at this overly simplistic description of the complex process of spiritual maturity that leads one towards the spirit world. In any case, this was the way I experienced it. I remember having my first full blown channeling experience a few months before I started reading the Seth Material (a series of books channeled by Jane Roberts). Soon after receiving bizarre words such as "I am the Power of Silence and the Silence of Power", I became filled to overflow with a very strange energy. When I opened my eyes and looked around me, my reality had become very alive and very different than I've ever seen it. The amount of power running through my veins made me feel as if I were about to burst.

While Seth presented great eye-opening material on the nature of the metaphysical planes, psychic abilities, and our relations to the subconscious realms, the Ra Material, channeled by the folks at llresearch.org, presented a body of work so metaphysically advanced and well balanced that I would recommend it to anyone on the spiritual path.

Let's move on: The main purpose behind this post, as suggested by the title, is to tell my story of an assistance from the other side, and to illuminate some of the mechanics behind asking for help, the type of help typically received, and how it aids over the long term.

In the Ra Material, this kind of assistance from another, usually discarnate, entity is called a "psychic greeting".

First, a quote from Ra:
"The development of the psychic greeting is possible only through the energy centers starting from a station which you might call within the violet-ray [crown chakra] moving through the adept’s energy center and therefrom towards the target of opportunity. Depending upon the vibratory nature and purpose of greeting, be it positive or negative, the entity will be energized or blocked in the desired way."

My story took place more than a couple years ago, and the long term effects of the greeting was pivotal to my development. At the time, I was getting easily burnt out from work and I was at the mercy of the cycle of falling from grace on Monday and beginning my climb towards grace on Friday night.

One Saturday, I was trying to calm down from a busy work-week and to find some inspiration to make music. I remained in a funky state throughout the day and I began to get frustrated, my emotions got caught in a knot. That evening, I woke up from a nightmare that admonished me not to bring any more negative energy into this world. I sat up in bed and asked internally for help, as I had done repeatedly throughout the day without a discernable answer. After about a half hour of oscillating between frustration and prayer I finally sensed an external presence.

There was a feeling of slight pressure at the top of my head, the position of the crown chakra or violet-ray energy center. I quickly arrested all my thoughts to be aware of what was happening. I audially hallucinated the following words:

"We request permission to perceive this instrument." [the word 'instrument' denotes a channeler]

Seemingly instantaneously, another voice answered that sounded like me but was much softer. I guessed that it was my inner self: "You are perceiving this instrument."

I remained still and simply waited for something to happen. Nothing apparent seemed to occur, although I continued to feel the slight pressure on the top of my head.

Over time, this sensation faded and I went back to thinking my usual thoughts. But, I was able to do so much more fluidly, and I now believe that the help I received was a balancing and/or unblocking of my energy centers. I started to glimpse the reasons behind the specific type of catalysts I had been experiencing at work, to behold their poetic nature, so to speak. I went to sleep and had a prophetic dream:

I was at my desk at work which now had a large sign that was labeled the number "5" (in the Ra Material, the number 5 denotes a level of vibration corresponding to freely given communication, which also applies to myself as a musician). Two people came into the office and they started rearranging where people sat; instead of sitting in my usual spot beside a window and a view, they moved me to a closed cubicle. I became quite angry but the two people simply stared back without emotion or negative intent in their faces, and they seemed to represent very straightforward, average-looking people. Over time I interpreted this to mean that there was no divine order behind the contemporary workplace being so energy- and time-consuming. that this was simply the product of combined free will.

Monday came around and I was sitting at my desk pondering the events of the weekend. I was marveling at the beauty of life's catalyst and how they affected the movement of my psyche in ways that were enriching and downright poetic. I thought to myself that I'm ready and capable of whatever comes my way, and not a few minutes later did I hear my boss yell for me from across the office. It turned out he was on a conference call with a client and he demanded that the project I was working on be finished in half the time it would normally take.

When I went out for lunch that day, I saw a truck with a large sign that said "PIVOT: The Turning Point in Office Interiors".

Over the next month, I averaged 50-60 hours per week. Having had a dream which prophesied my increased workload at the job, I was more capable of accepting and affirming my situation. I was also thus given the opportunity to focus entirely on balancing my frustrations at work since there was no hope for any other aspirations.

Near the end of my project's completion, I worked through the weekend. Sunday evening came around and I remember a very powerful sunset. Having spent the last two days by myself in the office, I was left alone with my own energy and the space around me started to take on the air of being sacred. Gradually, the objects in my surroundings became more and more expressive, putting on a collective smile. This expressiveness with time turned into an actual glow of life resonating from everything around me, so that the world felt fully alive. And finally, this living-ness began to exude love, a love that bloomed with bliss. I slipped into a form of ecstasy. And I remained in that place of bliss in varying degrees while I worked.

The long term result was that the office had transformed into a sacred place and from then on I've been able to psychologically revisit a milder form of such a state at will whenever things got too hectic and this helped me accept and enjoy my job from that time on.

No comments: